Monday, October 20, 2008

Will you want him to drink that can of Cola?


Do you think the tortoise will drink that can of Cola? If you think, you visualize and you act to prove, he will.

There were these 2 tortoises that were doing their exercise in the morning. After hours of practice, they decided to have a rest.

The elder tortoise took 2 cans of cola drinks that he bought earlier and handed over one to the junior tortoise. Then both enjoyed the refreshing cola drinks. The elder tortoise had a bigger mouth, thus finished his drink first. He thought it was a good idea to have more as he still felt thirsty. He said to the junior, “Brother, please help me to go over to the opposite and buy me another can of cola.”

The junior tortoise headed up and looked at the senior tortoise with distrust, “No, no, no, no, no, no.......you will drink my remaining can of Cola while I am away”

“Come on, do you think I will do that?” the senior tortoise reply.

“Huh.......well, alright, please make sure you will not touch my cola.” The junior crossed over the street.

The senior tortoise waited for the junior to return. He waited for more than 10 minutes and could not see his brother returning. Then 30 minutes passed and yet to see any sign of the junior tortoise.

The senior tortoise was beginning to feel that the junior tortoise would not return anymore as 1 hour has passed. And he decided to finish up junior tortoise's remaining can of drink since he thought his brother would not return.

Just when he lifted up the can for Cola, the junior tortoise emerged and shouted from behind, “See......I knew you would drink my Cola and I hid behind to see if I am correct.”

Is the tortoise a thinker or a prover? A thinker thinks and a prover proves. The junior tortoise acted to prove. And action makes it happen. Why not you think you will be a successful person rather than to prove you are a failure?

I think you will read this and I acted to write. I will not want to prove you would not read. If I am a prover, I would not have written this.

"My past experience tells me you will surely drink up my can of coke while I am away." the junior tortoise said.

Does our past experience help us to believe we can do better in future or help us to prove we will not succeed?

No comments: